Friday, May 9, 2014

Day 9 - Monday Monday

Alright.  Today is a big day.  Weight loss class starts at 9am.  I have absolutely NO clue what I am in for.  I packed my lunch and snack last night and have my gym bag prepped and ready to go.  I know that I have to make sure I don't disrupt my husband's morning routine too much (lol) or he will be a bit grumpy.  We have our coffee and he makes us a smoothie.  Pina Colada smoothie. A recipe I found online.  Seems like it would be good for you - what's in it? Coconut water, pineapple juice, fresh pineapple, 1/2 banana and some ice.  He blends it up and I like it he finds it a bit bitter.

I get to the gym about 2 mins late and they are already at it on the treadmills.  So I try to figure out what's going on and Keith welcomes me by handing me 2 towels.  "Its going to be a 2 towel day" he says. I'm like ohoh.  So I turn the machine to 3.5 mph and start walking.  After about 5 mins he informs us that we are going to go up to zone 4.  What the hell is zone 4?  Apparently anything over 4 mph and you shouldn't be able to speak.  I have not done 4.0.  Can I do 4.0?  On the media display it says thats a jog.  Oh great.  I do not jog or run.  Or I should say I can't jog or run.  Anytime I've tried running to get even out of the rain my legs complain and I just can't do it.  So I pull something out of the past and start to do the old heel toe fast walk (thanks Dad).  I hover around 3.9 and 4.0 and manage somehow but the back of my calves are burning and my left hip is not liking it either. We go through some ups and downs from 2.0 to 4.0 and then he says time to do the obstacle course.  Oh boy.  Hurdles.  When was the last time you did hurdles?  Me it was high school.  I wasn't a hurdler (see not a runner) I did long jump and high jump.  Maybe relay if I was forced too.  So lets see these hurdles please god don't let me be a dork and trip or knock them over.  Well it wasn't that bad.  I didn't knock or trip and it felt good on my hip.  Basically it was an exercise to help open up the hips. And it seemed to work.  There were about 12 people (11 ladies 1 man) in the group and they are all body types, races and sizes.  I feel encouraged and look forward to the next Wed. meeting.  And I drank all my water and used only 1 towel.

This meeting also included a group discussion with Sara the dietician.  She was pleased to see that I had joined this group and went through what seemed to be a motivational and confirmation of eating habits.  It was informative.

After that bit as we were leaving Keith informed me I needed to actually sign up for this group.  And what do you know it is extra.  However, I have a feeling this is going to be really good for me in many different ways and I like Keith (even though he is just filling in).  So I figure what the heck - I will do this for a month and see what the next month is like.  3x a week 35.00/time.  Costs are going up for sure it is not 4.00/day now but any regimen you undergo be it Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers there are always extra costs PLUS the cost of a gym membership.  At least this way I think I am going to achieve my goal.  And don't forget the towels and sundries in the change room :).

Goal 1 - lose 40 - 50 lbs
Goal 2 - get fit cardiovascularly, stamina wise and strength
Goal 3 - to be determined...

I truly believe that this will happen.  You are my witnesses and motivation.

I'll leave you with this as it is the way I feel most days.



Tomorrow - another on my own day

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment