Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 29 - Sunday and Its a Beautiful Day

Seems like some days it is very hard to get my rump out of bed.  I make myself cause you know you have to or you will never accomplish anything.  I have plans to work on the garden and hopefully my youngest son makes it over to help me clean the backyard up.  First up (after Corrie of course) is some gym time.  After perusing the class list I decide I'm going to do the Kris routine.

I arrive at the gym just after 11 and see that the outside pool is open and busy.  It is already over 20 degrees (celsius) and I can see that the pool is very popular.

Upstairs I hit the treadmill for a 10 minute warmup.  I walk fast for 6 minutes then run at 4.3 mph for 4 minutes.  That gets my heart going and I head over to the weight area.  Well hello, the 40 lb bar is not being used so I grab it and head over to a discreet area to do my squat and lifts.  Dang 40 is heavy and not having Kris there pushing me is obvious.  I do 5 reps of 10 and think 50 is pretty good.  Next is the chin ups.  I put the weight at 120 and start. This time I do 5 reps of 11.  The last 2 or 3 of each set is so hard but I push (or pull) through it.  Thats 55 total chin ups.  Next time I will either up the reps or change the weight to 110.  See how I feel.  Next up is the chest machine (now that I'm losing weight there I better work on it) and do another 5 reps of 11 at 50 lbs (which is the lowest setting).  I am sweaty but not breathing too hard.  All that took me around 45 minutes. I find it funny to think I am lifting weights - but with the squats Kris says that works the entire body.  Oh fart I just this second realized I didn't do the 1 minute planks.  Maybe I should write this down somewhere.  I did roll my quads on the hard foam roller since I have still quite a bit of discomfort or stiffness in that area.  I hope that passes sooner than later.  I am stretching out, when my muscles are warm not cold, but in the back of my head I am saying "no pain no gain". Its not a bad pain just really stiff.

Breakfast today was a poached egg on whole grain toast with cheese and tomato slices.
Lunch I grabbed a regular size very berry with almond milk.
Dinner I caved and had Swiss Chalet with sweet potato fries.  I ate maybe 1/3 of the fries.  I know that's carbs but I worked for 5 hours in the garden and sun and felt I could have a bit of a cheat.  I won't beat myself up about it as tomorrow I will be continuing on as normal.



All in all a good days work, gym and gardening keeping the activity level up.

Tomorrow - TEAM Weight Loss - and start of week 5

Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment