Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 48 - Weigh in, Alpha Showdown, Stats Update

Well friday is here, another week and 48 days. When I get to the gym I approach Maria and ask her if we are weighing in.  She says sure and grabs her papers.  As we walk over to my little friend, she says that she can see the change in me from my picture.  Well, wait, is she reading my blog???  I say thanks and yes it is quite a difference.

I hop on and grab the wands, the numbers go round and round and end up at 173!  But that's not the best news -


Start                      Day 19          Day 26      Day 34     Day 41   Day 48
Weight - 190         181.9             179             179         177        173
BF% - 47.8           41                                     39          40           37.9
Waist - 40.5"         38"                 36"              35.5       35           34
Bust - 44"              42.5"              42"              41.5       41           41
Hip - 46"                44"                 43"             42.5       42            41
Upper Arm - 15"     12.5"             12"               12         12            12
Calf - 18"                 16.5"             15.5"           15.5      15,5         15.5
Thigh - 25 or 26"      23.5"             22.5"            22        22             22''

Yes finally my body fat percentage is down enough that I am now on the measurement chart. Down another inch in the waist and hips too.  I guess the arms, calf, thigh are pretty much where they are going to be. So since the beginning I have lost 17 lbs (by this scale), 10% bodyfat, 5.5 inches off the waist, 3 off my bust, 5 off my hips, 3 off my arm, 2.5 off my calf, @ 4 off my thigh.  A total of 24" overall lost.  Wow - 48 days....  Listen if I can do this anyone can.  Trust me.


Ok so this is the first time I am posing a picture with my belly showing.  And I am smiling :).  I also want to say that I have also been tracking my weight on my scale at home.  I weigh myself first thing in the am.  For the most part it has been more or less the same as the one at the gym.  However, this one says 170 this morning.  The gym says 173. Whichever is fine I am happy with both. But...I made a promise to myself that when I reached 20 lbs, or 170, I would attempt to put my belly button ring back in.  I did it.  You can't see it in the picture but it is there.  It hurt a little bit as there was a bit of a covering but really it wasn't much.  I can't even remember when I took it out it was quite a few years back.  So I am smiling... and showing my belly.

Back to class, today is more Alpha showdown and we have quite a few challenges.  In no particular order, 2 minutes of burpees, 2 minutes of kettle bell swinging,2 minutes of pushups,  2 minutes of pull/chin ups, 2 minutes of situps and a standing broad jump.  We all do the burpees kettle bell and pushups together. Then tell Maria how many we did in that time.  Lynn is next to me and she does 89 pushups then grimaces in pain holding her head.  She has sudden onset of an exercise induced migraine.  It is intense and she is not well.  Maria gets her a cool compress for her head and I ask her if her eyesight is compromised and ask her questions to see how she replies.  It seems it is just a headache and we move on to the chinup area.  Lynn stays behind and says she is done for the day.  I do not blame her, I am glad she is more or less ok.  There is only 2 chinup machines so we take over one and take turns.  While waiting for our turn there is also situps to do.  On my turn I manage 30 pullups in 2 minutes and 60 situps. After all of us finish (except for Lynn) we go to where the broad jump is laid out and take turns.  I manage 56 inches but fall back on my buttocks.  I joke about my bum making only 30".  As each person jumps (and don't fall) they come back to me and say "I only did 48 " and I'm like that's farther than my bum went.  Its a silly joke but we all laugh.

Maria tells us how proud she is of all of us and how well we are doing in the showdown.  It's always good to hear positive words whether or not it may be true.  Today was a good social type day while doing the challenges and I like our group dynamics.  Some people are notably missing (just over 14 minute rower for instance) and I wonder if the Alpha showdown intimidates some.  I am not finding the challenges difficult as I think Maria is tempering them for us.

Tonight Drew is up north finally finishing the hot tub so I am on my own for dinner.  I think I will go to the pub as it is Fajita night and have some chicken.  Maybe..some white wine too, maybe...

Tomorrow is Saturday and I am going to return to the Barbell Strength Class.

Debbie


I borrowed this from a friend's facebook post - Thanks Sonia!!









No comments:

Post a Comment