Tuesday, July 29, 2014

90 Days - Its Here Folks...Picture Update etc.


Well technically this is 90 days since I joined the club.  And technically I started this journey that following Monday so 90 days is a few days away.  However, I do count that day I walked into LifeTime as the beginning of my journey.  April 29, 2014.

This past weekend my sister and her beau came for a visit.  I knew it was going to be a challenge cause my sister and I like to imbibe in a little white wine.  Ok A LOT of white wine.  And also there was a celebration of a niece's university graduation and subsequent acquisition of her RN that also involved a bit of wine. And food.  Sigh... But I did well.  Oh, I also forgot a visit to a friend's with my sis that also involved some wine and nibbles and red velvet cupcakes to celebrate my birthday (which was the previous weekend). There was a lot of wine and food this weekend.  So the fact that I managed to keep my weight stable was a good thing.  

Sis arrived on Thursday and I made a completely carb free dinner with teriyaki pork BBQ shish-kebabs on top of cauliflower "rice".  Friday was the open face burgers with balsamic caramelized onions and mushrooms. I still went to TEAM weight loss on Friday and sis came along to see what all the fuss was about.  She participated in the class and Maria put us through our paces on the eliptical.  We did full body with free weights and challenges to get our pace up to a certain level for a minute at a time.  We also worked on our gluts and our arms.  At the end of class we did a mini circuit with total body gym, ball sit-ups, rope work and pull-ups.  It was a good workout to start the weekend with.  I introduced her to Sara and Tyler the GM.  They were both very gracious and that helped confirm what I had told Sis about how lovely the people are at LTF.  Afterwards we hit the pool deck and caught a few rays, swam around a bit and then relaxed in the hot tub.  It was awesome.

Lunch time we headed over to my son's so Sis could meet the new addition to our family. Grand-daughter Elle is almost 7 months and so beautiful.  It was lovely for Sis to spend some time with her and Tess made us a perfect lunch.  Grilled marinated shrimp over arugula salad.  Delish.

Back at home we sat in the backyard with her beau and chatted with some wine (of course) and I set out some cheese and crackers as he hadn't had lunch.  Later that evening I made the burgers.  I was paid a nice compliment.  It was suggested maybe I should put together a HEALTHY food recipe book for the family.  I just may do that.  Even though these are not MY recipes, they have been tested and proven in my home.  If you would be interested in me sharing these recipes with you put a comment below.

Saturday Sis and Beau got up bright and early and headed into Toronto to do the Edgewalk around the CN tower.  CRAZINESS.  She is fearless and has things on her bucket list that I don't even have nightmares about - if that makes any sense to you.  They both did it and I have to say power to them but you could not pay me enough money to do that.

Nope - no way.

Monday am - I was back at the gym for TEAM weight loss workout.  Maria was not there and we were down considerably in our number. 5 of us.  That's it.  We still did a good 40 minutes and then I went upstairs to the Nutrition part of monday's class.  Sara showed me 2 trailers for food movies.  One was "Fed Up with Sugar" and the other was "Food Inc"  both just highlighted that the way Sara has us eating is on the right track.  Look them up on Youtube - you will be educated.  I spent the remainder of the day running errands and finishing up chores at home.  Drew and I shared some leftovers of the Thurs and Friday dinners and he went to jiujitsu.  Afterwards he went for a 2K run and I watched the Batchlorette Finale.  Sad but true....


So - here is it Tuesday, July 29, 90 days, and here are the numbers you are waiting for:

Start           Day 19   Day 26   Day 34     Day 41   Day 48   July 3    July 8  Jul 15    Jul 29
Wht - 190   181.9       179       179         177        173         167        167     165         162
BF% - 47.8  41                         39          40           37.9         37           36      34.6       33.4
W - 40.5"     38"           36"        35.5       35           34           33.5        33      33           32
B - 44"         42.5"        42"        41.5       41           41           40.5        40       40          39
H - 46"         44"           43"        42.5       42            41            41           40.5    39        39
Arm - 15"     12.5"       12"         12         12            12           12           11.5    11          11
C - 18"         16.5"       15.5"      15.5      15,5         15.5        15.5        15.5    15.5       15.5
Th - 26"        23.5"       22.5"       22        22             22''         21.5       20.75  20.75     20.75

So proud how far I have come in 90 days.  Its not just about the numbers but also:
  1. I learned how to run and can now run/walk up to 5K
  2. I can do weight lifting/barbell strength class and I am not the one who gives up early
  3. I can swim laps for 1+ mile 
  4. I went from a tight size 18/ Xlg to a size 10 (and 8 in some things)
  5. I lost almost 30 lbs
  6. I've lost 29.25 inches overall
  7. I've lost 14.4% body fat
  8. I no longer have double/triple chins and an leg sized arm
  9. I feel healthier, stronger and definitely more fit
  10. I have more energy (during the day)
  11. I sleep like a log and can't stay awake past 11 - ideally 10
  12. I no longer snore - as a matter of fact I don't even move over 90% of the night
  13. I can touch my toes!!!
  14. I like the way I am looking
  15. I stand taller
  16. I AM HAPPY
I'll post a picture here but seeing as how I am at work the lighting isn't the best and I am wearing size 12 jeans that are pretty baggy on me but I still love them.  I only just purchased them the beginning of July at LOFT so I am not ready to put those on the give away pile.




Next Time - the final number before my August vacation

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment