Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 36 - Workshop, Driving, St. Thomas

I just found out last night that the workshop begins at 9 AM.  GREAT!  We are out for a nice evening and I have to be ready for a 2 hour drive and get there for 9 AM.  By the time I pack up it is after 1 in the morning and I have to set the alarm for 5:45.  Five minutes after my head hits the pillow it is 5:45 and I get up and dress and load up the car.  I am on the highway by 6:30 am.  Since I have never been to the house where the workshop is I want to leave myself some time for getting lost.  I take a moment and stop 1/2 way for a Tim's coffee and a whole grain flatbread egg white and turkey breakfast sandwich.  It is not bad at all.  The day is so beautiful and sunny and promises to be hot - as high as 27 in this area.

I found the house with little problem and it's nice to meet other people with similar interests and the lovely woman giving the workshop.

I'm not going to elaborate on the whole workshop, however, lunch time looms and I am starving now.  I get up and go over to where the lady who organized the workshop - not the same lady who's house this is -  has laid out sandwich meat and some deli salads - potato, macaroni.  I start to help myself and I get reprimanded.  Hey - what are you doing that's not yours!  I drop the bread and stammer an apology. I am sooo embarrassed. I look around and the other participants are pulling out lunches.  No where at No time did anyone say bring your own lunch.  And at 6 am I was not thinking about that either. I am hungry and now I am angry and embarrassed.  We are in the middle of nowhere and I do not know what to do.  The lady concedes for me to have "a" bun and some cold cuts.  There is MORE than enough for her and the instructor, oh well.  At least I will have something in my stomach.  But it is white bread. I have not had white bread in 36 days.  It actually made me feel ill.  From now on I will always bring my own food. And NO MORE white bread!!!

The rest of the afternoon passes quickly and we are all happy to finish our little dollhouse doll.


By 7 I am on the road to the Inn I have booked to stay overnight. I do not like to drive when I am overtired.  I am now really hungry and thankfully the restaurant is open til 10 on Sunday evening.  I throw my stuff in the room and go for dinner.

The menu is surprisingly enticing (Italian) and I order the chicken Mazano and a glass (or 2) of wine.  No potatoes or bread thank you.  It comes hot, with perfectly steamed vegetables and a delicious au jus sauce.  I eat what I think is about 5 or 6 ounces and 1/2 the vegetables.  I enjoyed that immensely!  Hat's off to that chef. If you need to eat or stop somewhere near London I highly recommend the Stoneridge Inn and Convention Centre.

Tomorrow - driving back to Mississauga in time for TEAM!!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment