Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 42 - Saturday Gonna Try something New

Since Maria has suggested I do more weights in order to burn more fat (ie get that BF number down), I think I will check out the Barbell Class at 11:00.  I have no idea - per usual - what this is about other than weights and barbells.  I get there about 10 minutes before class starts in order to see what this is about and maybe talk to the instructor.  I introduce myself to her and she goes through what I need to set myself up and advises me to start with 10 lbs and perhaps, even though she will say add on, stay with that for the entire class.  She doesn't want me to hurt myself so she tells me she will pay attention to what I am doing and either show me or help me to do it the right way.

Well, this is barbells on aerobics.  There is music and we do lifts etc. along with the music.  I find this an interesting way to do weights.  Not boring at all.  10 lbs is more than enough weight to start with and some of the moves or lifts it quickly feels like 50 lbs.  I pay close attention to her body placement and she spends a few minutes at the start of each part explaining it and showing how to do it correctly.  The music she selected is very upbeat and of course there are some obvious choices, ie the Eye of the Tiger and Rocky's theme lol.

We do so many things over the hour and I am surprised when it ends that I have actually done most of it.  I think I will try this class again, however, I am anxious to see how much I hurt tomorrow.  I could definitely feel each and every thing we do and I concentrated very hard on doing it the right way in order to get the most benefit.

I think I will probably do this particular class again.  The timing is perfect for a saturday class and I didn't find it overwhelming, this time anyway.

I have no plans for the rest of today, I have some errands to run, one of which is to clean my car.  Being a nice day, its lovely to have a clean car with the convertible top down.

For lunch I make a little pasta (1/2 cup cooked) with cooked red pepper, onion, garlic, mushrooms and some celery.  I mix a little pesto into this for a bit of added flavouring.  It is good and filling.  Dinner time I meet up with my SIL and BIL for a bite at their local pub and I have 1/2 a chicken quesidilla.  It is very good and I do not have any avocado or sour cream.  I do have a glass of white wine though.

Tomorrow - my friend is running a 5k in Streetsville so I am going to Bike over.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment