Sunday, June 15, 2014

Day 47 - Ohhhmmmmm

I am looking forward to yoga class today.  The instructor is the sub from last Tuesday's class and I want to see how her class goes.  First off it is very warm in the yoga studio.  Humid.  She tells us to get 2 blocks and a strap.  She tells us that we are going to work on opening up the hips and leads us through a brutal series of poses that apparently she came up with at 5:30 in the morning when she couldn't sleep.  I can not do some of them but push through the rest.  Seriously, do people actually get their bodies into some of those "poses" ie contortions?   It is much more grueling than the restorative class on Tuesday.  A few people get up and leave partway through.  At the end of the class she makes a joke about sticking it out.  I did find it hard but I will not be the one to leave partway through a class.  Unless it is spin class...

I have neglected to mention that I am tracking my steps every day.  My goal is 10000 steps or 5 miles per day.  Funnily I do it quite easily and actually on Tuesday when I did all that gardening I hit over 20,000 steps.  Drew finds this amusing and says I must just sit and run my feet on the floor since he is averaging only 6000 steps a day.  What can I say, I am a woman and I am always on my feet doing something.

I don't have any plans for the rest of the day.  I can't believe that this week is almost over already. I have accomplished a lot so far this week.  I hope that tomorrow being Friday and weigh in day I have made some progress in that respect too.

Lunch is a Very Berry Smoothie and dinner tonight I have the Salmon and tomatoes over spinach planned except I am substituting beet greens for the spinach.

Tomorrow TEAM day - Alpha Showdown and weigh in/stats day

Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment