Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 40 - Not still Wandering in the Desert Thats For Sure

40 Days.  40 Days.  The bible is rife with 40 day references.  The flood, Jesus wandering in the desert, it is the bibilical magic number.  For me it is just another day.  However, I will be parting water - so to speak.

Since I have not done any weight training this week I am going to do that before going for a swim. First up barbell.  The 40 is (oh wait there is that number again) free and I head over to my corner where I hope nobody notices me. Well why would they - there is lots of other eye candy there. Oh wait - not saying I am eye candy just sayin... oh never mind.  As I was saying before I so rudely interrupted myself, I do the squat presses.  This time I do 2 sets of 15 and 4 sets of 10.  That is enough.  Next I will do the assisted chinups but there are only 2 machines and both are occupied.  So I do the chest presses first.  I do 5 sets of 10 of those at 50 lbs.  By the time I finish with that one machine is vacant. I set the weight at 120 and do 10.  That seemed a little easy so I take off 10 and finish up 2 more sets of 10.  That is it.  I have rubbery arms and I still want to swim.

Quickly I change into my suit, shower and head outside.  Yes, outside.  Where the air temperature is only 17 but I am hoping the water is a bit warmer than that.  It is 76.  Brrrrr.  That is the minimum temp that I will enter the lake at.  But I want to do this so I climb in and begin.  The outside lap pool is a bit different.  One it is outside (:p), 2 it is deeper at one end - they have diving or start platforms there and 3 there is nothing to reference when swimming backstroke in order to keep straight in the lane.  There is nobody else at all in the entire pool so I notice that the Lifeguard is keeping his eyes on me...great.  An audience.  I am hopeful that I can do at least 10 laps as my arms are rubbery - maybe weights before swimming not such a good idea.  I do my 2 warmup breast stroke laps then settle in for the push.  6 quick breast stroke laps, 2 back stroke - not so straight - laps, 2 front crawl laps and then I am done.  I do 2 cool down laps and pull myself out of the pool.  So 14 laps total, not bad but not great.

Heading into the shower I pass the indoor leisure pool and see May.  She waves and asks me to watch her swim.  I say sure go ahead.  She is still having difficulty getting the rhythm down.  As a result she makes little progress across the pool. However, she is not panicking and thrashing about so I think that is a huge improvement.  The rest will come.  She is happy so I am happy.

After showering I do something unusual.  I blow dry my hair!  Haha, haven't taken the time to do that in awhile it is good to have my hair, both pink and blonde, down.  I have brought my white jean capris that I bought last year from Reitmans.  I haven't tried them on since I pulled them out with the rest of the seasonal stuff. I should have tried them on before packing them in my bag.  They were very very snug in mid April.  Now they look like I am wearing jodphurs - you know - those riding pants that are bigger through the hips?  That's what these look like.  I guess I am going to have to do some purging soon.  I also have a tunic style sparkly top (also from Reitman's) that was snug on me before.  Now it looks like a sack.  That is good but not good if I have to wear it all day.  These will be taken out of the rotation.  Or I really like this top so I can take it in - for now anyway.

Lunch is left over Mediterranean salad with chicken from home.
Dinner I took out salmon and will make the yummy salmon with tomatoes, spinach and capers that I made last week.  Drew has hockey tonight so he will need the protein.  What I love most about this recipe is it is on the table in under 20 minutes.  Really it is!

Tomorrow - Friday TEAM circuit day

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment