Here is the 3C Soup - Curried Peanut Chicken Coconut Soup with Roasted Tomatoes!
I like to google recipes and save them to pinterest. I had part of a rotisserie chicken and thought hmmm what could I use that for - bingo. I found one good size bowl very filling and I had enough left over for 2 lunches. Makes 4 good servings.
3 C SOUP
1 small can organic unsweetened coconut milk (found in the ethnic aisle)
3 or 4 plum tomatoes or 1/2 large can low sodium tomatoes or 1 small can fire roasted tomatoes
fresh rotisserie chicken - 2 cups shredded (I used only the white meat)
2 tbsp curry paste - apparently it comes in red, yellow and green - I bought the red
2 Cups chicken broth - low sodium or home made
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
roasted peanuts for garnish and a lime wedge if desired.
1) Roast tomatoes under the broiler for 5 minutes or until they start to blacken - you can buy canned roasted tomatoes but I am unsure if there is a low sodium variety
2) while they are roasting, in a large saucepan heat the chicken broth and whisk in the curry paste, bring to a boil
3) add the peanut butter and coconut milk while stirring constantly simmer for 2 or 3 minutes on medium high
4) add chopped or diced tomatoes and the shredded chicken add some kosher salt to taste (I use a pinch or two)
5) heat thoroughly - maybe 5 mins - but do not boil, stirring occasionally
6) serve in a bowl with chopped roasted peanuts and a lime wedge as garnish!